The staff and volunteers of Anime Five Cities would like to make sure everyone has a good time at Anime Five Cities. However, in order to make sure we have a safe and happy con we ask that you observe our code of conduct
- Do Not Steal
- No Means No! Don’t harass other people.
- If it is not yours, Don’t Touch It!
- Do Not Hurt Others
- Clean Up After Yourself
- Observe the weapons and costume policies
- Don’t drink, smoke, or do drugs at AFC.
- Use good judgement at all times.
- We shouldn’t have to say this but Don’t Break the Law!
Your badge is the property of Anime Five Cities and as such any of violations of this code of conduct can result in loss of your badge or worse, CORE (Convention Order and Rules Enforcement) and Convention Operations (Con-Ops) have discretion in these matters.
- Under no circumstances are modern military or police dress acceptable costumes.
- If your costume does not cover your private parts, do not wear it to con.
- If your costume cannot fit through a standard doorway, do not wear it to con.
- If your costume generates odor, smoke, or fog, or have overly bright or flashing lights, do not wear it to con.
Please obtain permission before photographing others. Remember rule #2 from the code of conduct? That applies here. Video recording or photographing of AFC events is allowed except where explicitly prohibited. Please observe our signage
Please be aware that by having purchased a badge for Anime Five Cities 2012 (AFC 2012) you have agreed that photos and or video may be taken by Anime Five Cities and used for promotional purposes of Anime Five Cities.
Tickets for the many raffles that will be held at AFC are only for those who preregistered to attend. They are not for professional (press or industry) attendees or AFC staff.
Winners of free passes through AFC contests or events such have won a preregistered badge, as such you are eligible for the raffles.
Anime Five Cities has a zero tolerance policy for possession of any weapon openly or concealed at our events. This applies whether or not the weapon is working or inoperable. A weapon is defined (but not limited to): any form of firearm (riffle, pistol, shotgun, etc), knives, swords, daggers, bows, arrows, chains, whips, pepper spray, projectile items, blow guns, or baseball bats (wood or metal).
A general rule of thumb should be that if you would not feel comfortable carrying your prop weapon through an operating police station then do not bring it to Anime Five Cities.
Any individual in the exhibit hall is prohibited from selling weaponry of any type at Anime Five Cities as per their agreement to be selling at AFC. As such there will be strict enforcement of this policy by CORE (Convention Order and Rules Enforcement). Violation of the weapons policy can result in your ejection from Anime Five Cities.